Edgar Allan Poe and all i loved i loved alone

Edgar Allan Poe
FROM childhoods hour I have not been                         
As others were; I have not seen                                      
As others saw; I could not bring                                     
My passions from a common spring.                              
From the same source I have not taken                           
My sorrow; I could not awaken                                       

My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved, I loved alone.
Then- in my childhood, in the dawn
From every depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain
Fron the sun that round me rolled
In its autumn tint of gold,
From the lightning in the sky
As it passed me flying by,
From the Thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view. 


TÜRKÇE

Başkaları gibi değildim çocukluktan beri,
Görmedim başkalarının gördüğü gibi-
Ortak bir pınardan almadım tutkularımı,
Aynı kaynaktan almadım kederimi.
Uyandıramadım yüreğimi sevince aynı seste
Ve sevdiğim herşeyi yalnız sevdim.
Sonra çocukluğumda kasırgalı
Bir yaşamın şafağında iyinin ve
Kötünün her türlü derinliğinden
Çekildi hala bağlayan gizem beni.
Selden ya da kaynaktan-
Kızıl uçurumundan dağın,
Güneşten, Ağustosun altın rengiyle
Çevremde dönen--
Gökteki şimşekten uçarak
Beni Geçerken-
Gökgürültüsünden, fırtınadan
Ve o buluttan
-Maviyken göğün kalan kısmı-
Gözümde bir şeytanın şekline giren.

Yorumlar